How to clean and use cloth pads
Taking a little step forwards help you love yourself more!🏃♀️
If you want to start using cloth pads, try observing you flows. The relaxing light-flow days near the end of your period would be nice for your first try. The less you have to consider and manage, the more confidence you can gain. You may then start proceed to the full adoption to cloth pads if you find it comfortable to manage it. 😊
Here are some instructions about the usage and cleaning of cloth pads
How to use cloth Pads:
- Wash and dry thoroughly before use.
- Fasten the buttons of your pad around your underwear. Usually the uni-coloured fabric is worn facing your body and the patterned leakproof side faces your underwear. A well-fitting underwear would help the pad stay fit against your body.
- Fold the two ends of your soiled pad towards the middle, and then fasten the buttoned flaps to keep the soiled part inside. Keep the folded pad inside a waterproof pouch or zipper bag and carry it back home for cleaning.
Step of washing cloth pads:
Soak: Soak your soiled pad into cold water for at least 30 minutes (Do not soak in hot water or the blood stains will set on your pad.) Adding baking soda can help remove stains.
Steep: Use natural household soap to lightly rub the stains and steep it into water for at least 30 minutes for a better cleaning experience
Rinse: Lightly rinse your pad out and sundry it till it is completely dry.
Store: Keep your pad in a waterproof pouch and store it in a dry and cool place.
* Avoid washing with chemical detergent (like bleach and softener) or essential oil, or it may bring damage to the absorbency or allergy.
* Rubbing or wringing your pad heavily, or it would bring damage to both the waterproof layer and the body of your pad.
* Separate hand washing is recommended to assure better hygiene and to avoid damages from decoloring.
* If sundry is not available, you may boil your cloth pads regularly (after normal washing process) for disinfection or may soak your pads into a 1:100 water-white vinegar/ECO enzyme dilution for a few hours. Remember to wash your pads thoroughly after the soaking process.
* The aforementioned information is for reference only and cannot apply to all products. Please refer to the instructions of use of each product before use.