Brand/Product: Hello Disc
Category: Menstrual Discs
Materials: 100% Medical Grade Silicone (FDA Approved)
Content: Hello Disc x1, Instruction of use x1, Organic cotton storage bag x1
Size(s): Diameter 68mm, volume 50mL, length of tab 48mm
Official suggested size: One size for all
Recommended maximum continuous usage time among each removal and rinse*:
Maximum 8 hours.
Recommended replacement time*:
Can be used up to 5 years with proper care.
*Please refer to product instruction/web site for further and detailed instructions
- The Hello Disc™ features a double looped tab for easy removal. Say ‘goodbye’ to fishing around for your menstrual disc - and ‘hello’ to a true period game-changer.
- Can wear with IUD
- Mess free period sex.
4 tab positions:
- Tucked - The tabs tuck underneath the disc and out of the way. Best for a low or average cervix and for sex/play time.
- Dropped - The length of the tab is 'free' and drops down. Best for a high cervix or those with reach/grip issues.
- Flipped - The bottom loop is looped through the top loop from behind. Best for an average cervix or if you don't know your cervix height.
- Trimmed - The second loop is cut off. We don’t recommend cutting your entire tab off! Best for a low cervix or people who find the tab uncomfortable.
Your Hello Disc™ is designed to be worn four ways. Choose the best for you from the ‘4 tab positions’ above. In all cases, fold your Hello Disc™ longways. The tab end should be the last part of the disc to enter your body. Once you feel you can insert the disc no further, use your finger to push the rim up to tuck the disc behind the pubic bone. Don’t be afraid to push up higher, this is what positions the disc correctly and holds it in place.
Relax your pelvic muscles (a couple of slow deep breaths can help here) and hook your finger through the tab. Gently pull the tab to unhook the disc and remove carefully. Hello Disc™ is designed to be removed with one finger and for no/minimal mess! This might take a little practice to perfect though!
This happens to some menstrual disc users, but not all.
When the user sits on the toilet to remove the disc, the disc tilts and releases some of the contents into the toilet. Using the toilet can trigger this action. A good fit (when the disc rim is pushed up high to sit behind the pubic bone) will mean that your disc doesn’t leak. Some users who have a self-emptying disc find that they need to push the rim back into place, others find that the disc does this all by itself. Most users who find that their disc self empties consider this a bit of a bonus!
If possible, rinse your Hello Disc™ with cold water after each removal to help prevent stains setting in. Clean with a small blob of Hello.™ Wash and rinse. If you’re not near a tap, it’s fine to simply wipe out your disc with loo paper and reinsert until you can rinse it.
Sterilise your Hello Disc™ at the end of your cycle so it’s ready next time you need it. Store it in a dry place out of direct sunlight.
There are detailed cleaning instructions and a user guide in the packaging.
- The Hello Disc™ is NOT intended to be used as contraception and will not prevent pregnancy.
- Unlike menstrual cups and tampons, the Hello Disc™ sits tucked comfortably behind the pubic bone, which is close to the cervix. There is a space called the ‘vaginal fornix’ which is a wider area at the top of the vaginal canal. It is a wider area than the vagina and has lots of room for the menstrual disc to sit.
- Avoid using alcohol or any kind of corrosive cleansers as well as brushes to clean your cup.
- Users who had been infected by TSS are not suggested to use this product.
- Despite the maximum recommended time between emptying and rinsing your menstrual cup varies among brands(please refer to the instruction of your own cup and DO NOT exceed the recommended time), the FDA recommends that users change each tampon every 4 to 8 hours to prevent growth of bacteria and risk of infection. For the same reason, customers are suggested to stick to the same time recommendation for emptying and rinsing your menstrual cup and avoid keeping it consecutively inside your body for too long.
- Wash your hands thoroughly each time before inserting and removing this product. Clean or disinfect this product at least two times a day during your period(you are suggested to remove and clean it at least once within 8 hours). Be careful of scratching your vagina by your fingernails, or it will lead to an increase of the risk of TSS infection.
- There is no product that is absolutely safe to use. Please always be aware of your own body condition while using any kind of menstrual products. If you experience a sudden change in smell or texture and colour of your discharge/cervical fluid, vaginal itch or irritation, high fever, diarrhea, vomiting, fainting, rash or any other kinds of symptoms during your period or shortly after, remove your menstrual cup and contact your doctor immediately as there might already be an infection such as TSS or other yeast infection.