Brand/Product: Me Luna Cup Sport S
Category: Menstrual Cup
Content: MeLuna Cup Sport S x1, Instructions booklet x1, storage pouch* x1
*Two kinds of storage pouch(made by microfiber or organic cotton) will be shipped in random.
Materials: ISO 10993-10 certified medical compliant thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) (Latex free)
Only Ball grip is available
Size S: diameter: 38mm, height (not including stem): 45mm, height (with ball grip: 53mm; with stem: 57mm; with ring grip: 55mm), total volume: 23ml
Size M: diameter: 41mm, height (not including stem): 48mm, height (with ball grip: 57mm; with stem: 61mm; with ring grip: 60mm), total volume: 28ml
Size L: diameter: 44mm, height (not including stem): 51mm, height (with ball grip: 62mm; with stem: 66mm; with ring grip: 66mm), total volume: 34ml
Size XL: diameter: 47mm, height (not including stem): 56mm, height (with ball grip: 65mm; with stem: 71mm; with ring grip: 69mm), total volume: 42ml
Recommended maximum continuous usage time among each removal and rinse*:
Up to 8-12 hours.
Recommended replacement time*:
Several years with proper care.
*Please refer to product instruction/web site for further and detailed instructions
- Me Luna provides an option with a relatively shorter rim diameter, which would be easier for a new-user to handle
- 25% harder than Classic, can unfold easily and reduce the chance of leakage due to muscle pressure
- A brand with a competitive price
Official size suggestion:
- Size Small is primarily used by younger users and makes a great teen cup! If you are choosing the small due to light flow be sure that this diameter is sufficient to create an adequate seal for you.
- Size Medium is a great cup for users of all ages who have not given birth vaginally. If you are choosing the medium due to light flow be sure that this diameter is sufficient to create an adequate seal for you.
- Size Large is commonly used by users who have given birth vaginally or those that require a slightly larger capacity due to heavier flow
- Size XL is primarily used by users who have had multiple vaginal births and users who have a very heavy flow and are able to accommodate the larger diameter
Suggestion for selection of different grips, softness and Shorty
- Ball: Little ball for you to locate your cup easily
- Stem: Stem can be cut according to your need
- Ring: Cotten cord or Me Luna® NUPSi can be added to the ring to reach the cup easily
- Classic: Moderate softness and length. Suitable for new users.
- Soft: Suitable for users who are sensitive to compression or pain and who has weak pelvic floor muscles. However, Soft is 25% softer than Classic, so it collapses more easily and is therefore more prone to leakage. It requires much more finesse by the user to get it to unfold properly.
- Sport: Sport is suitable for users involved in very active pursuits like yoga, horseback riding, Pilates, Kegel Exercise, martial arts, pole dancing, etc., which have a strong effect on the pelvic floor muscles. It can unfold easily. However, Sport is 25% harder than Classic. There is a chance to have malaise because of compression to various organs nearby.
Shorty: Shorty is suitable for users whose vagina is very short for various reasons or whose cervix is located close to the entrance of the vagina. Users who had a prolapsed uterus (uterine descent) is recommended to have a shorty rather than a standard cup. Users are strongly recommended to measure the length of vagina and height of cervix before purchase, or there will be a difficulty in insertion and removal.
- If you find the stem or grip too long that makes you feel uncomfortable, slightly trim it in accordance with the suggestion on user manual(trim only when you are suggested to).
- If you constantly feel uncomfortable or difficult in urination or defecation while using menstrual cup, try to remove the cup and reposition it. You may need a smaller cup or softer cup if it doesn’t help.
- If you feel uncomfortable at your lower abdomen after inserting your cup, try reinserting it or slightly pushing the button of the cup to let some air in as it might be cause of strong suction. If it doesn’t help, remove your cup and stop using it. If the pain or uncomfortable feeling persist, seek medical advice as soon as possible.
- Avoid using alcohol or any kind of corrosive cleansers as well as brushes to clean your cup.
- If there are air holes on your cup, clean the air holes constantly.
- Users who had been infected by TSS or are currently using IUCDs should consult your doctor before using this product.
- Despite the maximum recommended time between emptying and rinsing your menstrual cup varies among brands(please refer to the instruction of your own cup and DO NOT exceed the recommended time), the FDA recommends that users change each tampon every 4 to 8 hours to prevent growth of bacteria and risk of infection. For the same reason, customers are suggested to stick to the same time recommendation for emptying and rinsing your menstrual cup and avoid keeping it consecutively inside your body for too long.
- Wash your hands thoroughly each time before inserting and removing this product. Clean or disinfect this product at least two times a day during your period(you are suggested to remove and clean it at least once within 8 hours). Be careful of scratching your vagina by your fingernails, or it will lead to an increase of the risk of TSS infection.
- There is no product that is absolutely safe to use. Please always be aware of your own body condition while using any kind of menstrual products. If you experience a sudden change in smell or texture and colour of your discharge/cervical fluid, vaginal itch or irritation, high fever, diarrhea, vomiting, fainting, rash or any other kinds of symptoms during your period or shortly after, remove your menstrual cup and contact your doctor immediately as there might already be an infection such as TSS or other yeast infection.